Entrepreneurial Development Initiative, which has ENDIP, as her acronym is a private, voluntary, not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. ENDIP commenced operation in January 2000. We are registered with the Ministry of Social Development, Rivers State Government of Nigeria and the Corporate Affairs Commission under the Part ‘C’ of Incorporated Trustees Act of 1990 as a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, with RC No. 14,254.
With a vision for capacity-development/training and people-centered development at community level, ENDIP is committed to community ownership, community support and community organisation for the purpose of economic empowerment and rural infrastructure development of her populace. Since its inception, ENDIP has remained committed to mobilizing and promoting sustainable enterprise development as solutions to poverty.
ENDIP is focusing on capacity development of youths, women and men in the core areas of leadership training, talent development; youth vocational skills acquisition; promoting youth micro-enterprise schemes to help foster the creative energies of individuals for the purpose of economic empowerment and rural infrastructure development; Entrepreneurship & Enterprise Management Education Programme for undergraduates of tertiary institutions in Nigeria; Artisan Skills Training Programme; promoting academic excellence through the award of scholarship grants to the `poor and vulnerable’ members of rural communities in the Niger Delta.
ENDIP is a catalyst for young people in harnessing and fostering their creative energies for their betterment of our society and Nigerian nation with the overall objective of harnessing the business potentials of young people in their contribution to the enhancement of the economic infrastructure, prosperity and the well-being of the community and nation.
To develop 10,000 sustainable enterprises capable of generating 30,000 jobs in Nigeria by the year 2030.
As a center for enterprise development, ENDIP is committed to facilitating the establishment of sustainable micro-enterprises through capacity development, training, provision of micro-credit, functional vocational/technical training programmes, business development services, mentorship, business incubation and venture equity funding.
- Facilitate the establishment of sustainable enterprises as solutions to poverty in rural and urban settings. Our overall objective is to improve the socio-economic well-being of people generally through the establishment of micro-enterprise schemes that are of local relevance;
- Developing the capacities of Civil Society Organizations’ as strategic partners in the sustainable community-driven development;
- To act as an institutional catalyst for the re-orientation of young people in harnessing and eliciting their inherent latent entrepreneurial potentials;
- To develop a pool of potential entrepreneurs who are well equipped to successfully manage micro, small and medium scale business enterprises;
- To provide access to finance information and forward linkage;
- To facilitate community-based micro-credit schemes and micro-enterprise development for the socially and economically excluded in society;
- To promote academic excellence by the award of scholarship grants to the ‘poor and vulnerable’ members of our society;
- To provide an opportunity for training and capacity development of poor and vulnerable youths through the provision of vocational and technical skills;
- To restore the dignity of womanhood through rehabilitation/skill acquisition programme for Commercial Sex Workers (CSWs)
Our strength lies in the dynamic and resourceful professionals who form a think-tank for ENDIP. These are individuals with proven capabilities and proficiency in their various fields of endeavour.
- Social Development planning and Development Management consulting;
- Development research & economic & environmental studies;
- Institutional capacity development;
- Work Readiness Programmes (Apprenticeships & Internships)
- Training & capacity development;
- Vocational skills training programmes;
- Entrepreneurship & sustainable enterprise development schemes;
- Micro-finance for micro-enterprise development;
- Tailored business development services;
- Pro-poor micro-credit schemes;
- Organisation development and quality assurance systems (CBOs, NGOs & For-profit organisations);
- Corporate training & human resource development;
- Artisan skills improvement training programme;
- Girl-child education scholarship award to the 'poor and vulnerable' in rural communities.
The organization enjoys considerable level of goodwill and contact with experienced consultants in community-based programmes who are willing to provide technical support in sustainable community-driven development, training/workshop curriculum design and facilitation, project design and implementation. We are affiliated to the UK Institute of Enterprise & Entrepreneurs; Chartered Quality Institute, United Kingdom; Institute of Management Consultants (Certified & Licensed Consultants), Institute of Entrepreneurship, New York, Development Studies Association, United Kingdom; United Nations; CIVICUS, World Assembly of NGOs; Junior Chamber International Training Institute, U.S.A., Institute for Development Policy & Management, University of Manchester, United Kingdom; Institute for Agriculture & Rural Development, University of Port Harcourt and Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension Services, Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port Harcourt.
Our local contact with local (NGOs and CBOs), national and international NGOs and donor agencies in partnering for improved service delivery is at an appreciable level. We also demonstrate the aptitude and ability to have access to professional consultants who are competent in various issues affecting the Niger Delta geo-political region in general and Rivers State in particular. Synergy through partnership for effective service delivery and professionalism is our prime corporate focus.
ENDIP management structure comprises:
- Board of Trustees
- Council of Management
- Institutional Council
- Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees has eight members. They are all professionals in their various fields of endeavour.
Executive Council of Management
The Executive Council of Management is made up of four dynamic and resourceful individuals who form a thinktank for ENDIP and help us in achieving ourgoal of rapid rural development through various entrepreneurial development initiatives. It holds quarterly meetings, one of which is held jointly with the annual meeting of the Board of Trustees.